Given the tagline for this website is look like you tried without actually trying you could have guessed that I am so lazy when it comes to getting ready. I will get up at 5am to go to a workout class, but loathe getting ready after. If you’re anything like this, here are five ways to look pulled together and like you tried whether you really CAN’T EVEN or you slept through your alarm.
Five fast ways to look pulled together
- Add a blazer: I love how pulled together I feel when I throw on a good blazer. I immediately feel like I am that b!+ch and am about to close a business deal.
- Freshen up the hair: I don’t wash my hair in the morning even after I work out but I do freshen it up (occasionally). I will blow dry it upside down and throw some dry shampoo in it for volume. Then I will put it in a tight top knot to create a little body for when I take it down. I love amika Dry Shampoo.
- Lipstick: I do the minimal getting ready (DUH). But I think a nice lip is a good way to look like you put in a liiiittle extra effort.
- Shoes: Do you own a pair that you love and always get compliments on? Wear these. I’m a firm believer in shoes making or breaking an outfit. And the extra 30 seconds to put them on rather than those ugly slides will not make you any later.
- Jewelry: One piece and you’ll feel a difference. It does a lot for an outfit. I love the necklaces from five and two.